Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

A New Era

Mr. Isaac turned two months old last week, and I think we have officially entered a new era. Previously, we were doing pretty good if Isaac would sleep three hours at a time. He got up at least twice a night to eat, and  sometimes he threw in an extra feeding just keep things exciting. I've been telling him for weeks, maybe months, that he should try to sleep for four hours at a time, but he didn't listen to me.

Well, four nights ago Isaac slept for five, count them FIVE, hours in a row. I didn't go to sleep until about 2 hours in, though, because I was sure he would want to eat around 11pm. So the next night as soon as he went to dreamland, I got in bed and promptly fell asleep because I was hoping for another five hour stretch. Well, he only slept three hours, but he did sleep 5 hours the second stretch of the night. And the next two nights he's slept at least one 5 hour stretch. It is AMAZING. Getting so much sleep at a time makes me feel like a new woman!

In non-sleep related news, Isaac has discovered his tongue. He sticks it out randomly and licks his blankets, bib, hands, and anything else he can get his tongue on. He also does this weird lip sucking thing that is quite hilarious. It's really fun to see him becoming more aware of his surroundings and interacting with us more. He started smiling a couple weeks ago, but he never wants to smile for the camera. I'll leave you with the one picture we have of him smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment