Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Surprise Visit

My husband made a trip to the farmer's market for some veggies earlier this week, and he saw some of my favorite students. They asked about me, and he said they could come visit me that same afternoon. So they finished their walk and then headed over to our house. It was so great to see them!! (all but the second from the left came to visit) I love summer vacation, but I really miss my students. I haven't really interacted with very many since I got back a couple weeks ago, and I haven't been able to come up with a way to meet up with them regularly until school starts.

 Anyway, the girls stayed for a while. They mostly talked to my husband in Creole, but we did chat for a little bit in our special mix of English-Creole at the beginning. It was nice just to sit in the same room and listen to them talk and laugh. They wanted to know about good English schools in Petionville or Port au Prince, so we did some research online for them. I didn't find out until after they were gone that they had been to Jean Claude Duvalier's house before they came to see us. They talked with him and apparently he's going to pay for them to attend an English school if they bring him the information on it. This could be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment