Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

School News

My stint as a foreign language teacher begins on Monday October 4th. I am more than nervous about beginning school. Those of you that know me, know that I am a planner. I like to know all the details. I like to have a plan to work from. Not knowing what is going to happen next week is driving me crazy, but it's one more thing I've added to my "I'm Not In Control God Will Work It Out" list.

Here is the sum of what I know about my position as the Native-English-Speaking Teacher:

  1. I will have 6 English classes that meet once per week. There is one class for each grade in the high school, which has grades 7-12 this year.
  2. I will travel to a different classroom for each class to deliver instruction.
  3. I could have anywhere from 10-50 students. I am praying I don't have 50 students in a class! Can you imagine trying to check pronunciation or comprehension for that many kids?!?
  4. I will be teaching elective computer classes to selected students. I have no idea how these students will be selected or how many there will be. Tomorrow I will go up the mountain to check out the computers.
  5. At some point I will also be providing English "lessons" to the kindergarten class. I am not sure what this will look like or how often it will happen.
Here is what I am hoping to find out soon:
  • The schedule of classes I will be teaching
  • The location of each class I will be teaching
  • The vocabulary I should plan to work on with each class
  • What supplies the students will have with them
  • How many students are in each class

No comments:

Post a Comment