Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Arrival

I arrived in Haiti at 7:45 am today after no sleep in the Miami airport. For the next week I'll be living at the guesthouse while the water pump at my house is fixed.

I spent the day with Beth--grocery shopping, chatting with friends, picking up the boys from school, and just talking about stuff. We also drove by the house where my apartment is, but we only saw the gate. It's gray. I probably won't get to see the inside until after Sunday. Johanes (who lives upstairs) comes back from the States on Sunday, and there is a funeral in Gramothe after church on Sunday. I think we'll (more likely they will) be busy preparing for the funeral service.

Right now the plan is that I'll go meet the kids at Laboule on Monday or Tuesday next week. I'm looking forward to catching up on sleep between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment