Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

 A couple of weeks ago, my friend Arin wrote me an email. She said her family wanted to send me a care package and wondered if there was something specific I wanted. I knew Arin liked to read so I asked her to send me a few paperbacks if she had any laying around--along with a few other things. Well, her package arrived, via a doctor who was coming to the clinic. It was HUGE. I thought she might send one of those small flat rate boxes, but she packed the giant box chock full of goodies for me. There were some school supplies, facial wipes for after I walk up the mountain, Crystal Light Peach Tea packets, and a smaller box that was gift wrapped. I was really curious about the smaller box. There was a note attached that said several families in our church made the gift possible. I am so incredibly blessed by my St. Mark family already. I thought their package was awesome.

Then I opened the small gift wrapped box. I had no idea what was inside. Once it was open I thought I might pee my pants I was so excited. Arin and some other families sent me a KINDLE and a $25 gift card to the Kindle store!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!! Can you believe how amazing they are?! I had never considered buying a Kindle, so it wasn't even on my secret wish list. However, it is an AWESOME gift!! I love, love, love to read. I cannot get my hands on enough books here. I have access to a library, but I frequently forget about it. I also have some audio books on my computer, but when it's not charged and there's no power I can't listen to them. Now I can download books and read them anywhere.

Doesn't it look just like the picture on the box?

I am overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness and generosity of Arin and her cohorts. If you helped make this happen, please accept my sincere thanks!!

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome! :D You are so loved. You definitely deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Yay! Yay!!!! I have tears in my eyes!! So glad you're excited! Thanking God that He used me to bless you, my friend!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an awesome gift. I know how much you love to read. You are loved.

    PS. I like the background you have going on your blog. very cute. I miss you. Keep blogging I love to read about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you like it! I would be lost without access to lots of books. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete