Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Technology Update

Just a quick note to say that my frustrations with technology have been squelched for now.

I have a new cell phone. The school secretary, who also happens to be my Most Amazing Boyfriend, went to the city on Friday afternoon to run some errands for school, so he picked out a new phone for me while he was there. He delivered it on Saturday morning after his choir practice at church. It's a black, mini candy bar style phone with a hot pink band around the edge. While it's missing some important features like speed dial and English T9, it does have FM radio and the capability to put two SIM cards in it. So if I was so important that I needed two phone numbers, I could just use one phone. BUT most importantly, it works! I am a happy camper.

Also, after 8 days with no electricity I returned to my apartment yesterday after church to find that my inverter was no longer buzzing the critical warning sound. It took me a while to realize that the buzz-buzz was missing. When I looked at my inverter I saw that it was being charged by EDH. Wowzas! Public electricity for the first time in more than a week. My little refrigerator, now empty of everything except chocolate bars that were in the freezer and warm butter, was happy to be plugged in again.

No comments:

Post a Comment