Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Maybe You Had to Be There

It was the last day before spring break. I admittedly was not the most attentive teacher--especially when it came to the students who finished their book projects during class. I was more worried about the kids who didn't even have their projects started. Because of my distracted brain, one of my more responsible students found time during class today to bless us with some of her artwork.



She finished her project early on, so she found other things to occupy herself. First she draw one picture on the board, and then moved on to something else.



But the chalk must have been calling her name. She couldn't stay away from the board for more than a few minutes at a time.



While none of the drawings bore any resemblance to an actual person, each was supposed to represent a student from class. I wish I had a picture of the final product. The boys all ended up with hairy arms and legs. Some had boogers or armpit hair.



My favorite, though, were the Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles with black eyes.

As great as the pictures were, the best part of the day was when another girl--who has an unnatural obsession with both Lady Gaga and Hello Kitty--finally noticed the pictures and loudly declared, "You're soooooooo weird. Look at those pictures!"

My little artist wasn't offended in the least. "Whatever. I'm not the one who likes Lady Gaga and Hello Kitty."

I could have peed my pants I laughed so hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment