Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

What a great day!

Every year my grandma makes numerous batches of cookies the week before Christmas. It's been tradition that her grandchildren help with this delicious event.

Here Chanandler Bong is showing off his handiwork. He worked on that snowflake cookie for about 20 minutes. Don't judge; it takes a while to frost and decorate a cookie when you are busy licking frosting out of your hand.



The stand out memory I have of making cookies with Grandma is that I got in trouble for putting too many of those rock hard silver balls on a cookie. Do you remember those things? They tasted disgusting and were known to chip teeth.

Kennedy was dressed for the event. She had a gingerbread man apron
and a baker's hat. She also had flour all over her face and shirt when I arrived. Grandma said she called at 7:30 to see when we would start the cookies!! Good thing she wasn't coming to my house!







When I arrived, Abby was so excited to see me she couldn't stop shrieking. I ended up needing to move my car and I thought she was going to lose it. It's nice to be loved. Actually she already thought I was late and did not want me to delay cookie decorating any longer.






Kennedy, who is in first grade, took this picture of us. Chandler and Abby are the youngest of the grandchildren.* Both of them turn five in February; their birthdays are only a week apart. But they won't be the youngest for long because Abby's mommy is having a baby in May. Woohoo!!

*There are great-grandchildren younger than them, so they aren't the youngest of the family.


Chandra's 12th birthday was the day we decorated cookies. I can't believe the girl is twelve. She's growing up so fast. She's almost as tall as I am and she already wears the same size shoe as me! Anyway, I don't know if she really wanted to make cookies with the little kids on her birthday, but she was a good sport about it.

The poor girl doesn't have any cousins her age, but she does a great job playing with the younger kids and helping out with them. Here she's helping her brother with his Advent candy calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment