Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Lists

I'm a list person. I make lists for grocery shopping, packing for trips, recording books I've read and want to read, and even keeping track of birthdays. I have lists titled "Places I Want to Visit", "Children's Names I Like", and "Names of Sara and Jeshua's Future Children," on which I keep track of obscure and ridiculous sounding Bible names to share with them.



I find these discarded lists all over my house, at the bottom of my purse, in coat pockets, on random pages in notebooks. Today I found a document on my computer with a fabulous list. I present to you the document saved as "husband qualifications."



Who is the Mr. Britney Smith?







Mandatory qualifications

He must…

Almost mandatory

He should…

It would be nice if

He could…







Be a committed Christian seeking to honor God with his life

Have some sort of post high school education

Get along really well with my brother







Be open to full time missions/ministry

Be on good terms with his immediate family

Not love sports more than he loves me







Love kids and teenagers

Not be shy

Fix things around the house







Have the heart of a servant

Be self-controlled with money

Play an instrument







Be willing to take a stand for what he believes—even to me

Volunteer to do household cleaning or help me with it

Have parents who really like me







Be easy to talk to (at least for me)

Be laid back

Sing well







Make me laugh regularly

Be a mostly organized person

Speak more than one language







Have spiritual gifts that are complimentary to mine

Have lived on his own for at least a year









Pray with me frequently











Be liked by my friends











Not be uptight











Not drink alcohol or smoke











Be intelligent











Not be clingy/dependent on me











Meet Titus 1:6-9 qualifications











Be decisive











Treat all people with dignity





















No comments:

Post a Comment