Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

First Day of School, Jan 2012

Amidst the craziness of clinic this week, MTM's students returned to school from their long Christmas break. On Monday I firmed up my schedule with the principal, and taught my first class of the semester. For some reason I was grumpy on Monday with nearly everyone, but I genuinely enjoyed being back in the classroom with my students. here's what we covered the first day.

  • Opening Procedure
    • Good morning class.
    • Good morning Miss Britney.
    • I'm happy to see you today.
    • I'm happy to see you too.
  • Introduction: My name is Britney Charles. I am an American, and I live in Thomassin. I am married to Met Arold (Teacher Arold). I am 30 years old and I do not have children. (We also did a mini lesson on the difference between Miss and Mrs. at this point in class.)
  • Supplies needed for every class
    • English Notebook
    • pen or pencil
    • Go for English textbook
  • Rules
    1. Listen carefully to the teacher.
    2. Take notes.
    3. No talking when Miss Britney is teaching.
    4. English ONLY. (For the upper grades only.)
  • Review (This is different for each grade level.)

No comments:

Post a Comment