Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Computer Lab Rules

Yesterday was the first computer classin Gramothe for the 2011-2012 school year. The kids were ecstatic! I was so happy to see their beautiful faces that I just wanted to stand and look at them all. However, we got down to business right away. After greeting the class, I presented the rules. First we had to discuss what "rule" means, and then I give them the list of rules that will keep their teacher happy.

  1. No food in the computer room.
  2. Put your chair away before leaving.**
  3. Put your bag on a hook or your lap. No bags on the table.
  4. No listening to music without permission!!
  5. Clean your shoes before entering if they are dirty.
There are several other procedures we'll work on in the weeks to come, but if they can do these things for me--especially 2, 3, and 5--I will be a happy woman. I can't tell you how much I hate when there is no room for laptops because the table is full of bags. It drives me crazy about as much as drumming pencils on the desks.

**Unfortunately, there were two girls who failed to put their chairs away last class. Their punishment is that they don't get a chair next class. The other students think the girls won't forget to put their chairs away again. I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment