Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday morning thoughts

Yesterday I read a really good article about the orphan epidemic and the appropriate Christian response.  I agree 100% with the author. His main point was that Christians should stop talking so much and put actions to their words. If you're interested in reading the entire article, you can find it here.

One line in particular has stuck with me. I've been thinking about it all morning. 

When Jesus asked Peter if he loved him, and Peter responded yes, Jesus didn’t tell him to picket the wolves. He told Peter to feed and tend his sheep.
Personally, I find it's easier to picket the wolves, to stand on the edge and tell other people what they should be doing. Tending and feeding sheep is much messier. Sheep can be smelly. Some have special needs, and others will bite if you get too close. Still, Jesus said if loved him we would feed his sheep.


Are you feeding Jesus' sheep or picketing the wolves?

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Sister Britney!!! I know I haven't commented in way too long. I'm glad to hear your back for awhile, but also know that you must be feeling bittersweet about the ambiguity of your stay length. I hope I get to see you. Karl is out of town on the 17th when you're at Maple City, so I'm thinking of coming there to say hi and hear more about MTM. We have Ethiopian friends that attend there and it would be great to see them as well. So, all that to say, hopefully, I'll see you in a week!

    ReplyDelete