Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Don't Freak Out

Yes, there has been a cholera outbreak in Haiti.

No, there haven't been any cases in our area. For now the sickness seems to be contained to north of Port au Prince, and we are southeast of the city. We are, however, preparing in case it does head this way. The clinic is stocked with antibiotics. We even have enough that we can share with other clinics and pharmacies if we need to. In church on Sunday Willem reminded everyone of the importance of washing their hands after using the bathroom and before eating. I will be making signs in Creole for the school and clinic about washing their hands.

Also, there is a 23 person medical team arriving today for a clinic that was scheduled months ago. While we are praying that cholera does not get this far, they have reviewed procedures for dealing with cholera and are prepared to treat patients should they arrive.

Please pray that the outbreak does not spread any further and that those who are currently sick would have access to medical treatment.

2 comments:

  1. I have totally prayed about this and will continue!

    also, this prob isn't a question for public, BUT I was trying to donate through the website, is there a link for YOU? Do I just donate and it all goes in a big pot? Let me know, I don't want to get behind. :-) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you want to make an open donation. Follow the on screen directions. Before you submit the donation you have a chance to review the information and on that screen there is a comment field. I think it's titled "student/project number". My giving number is 0500, so if you type that or my name into the comment box the ladies will know that you are donating to my ministry. They also have a list of the people I sent letters to, so they often check that list when someone donates without designating their gift. I hope this helps!

    AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!!

    ReplyDelete