Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Today's Holiday: National Teacher's Day

Today is a day to celebrate all that teachers do to enrich the lives of young (and not so young) people. I celebrated this wonderful holiday by taking the day off.

Not really. I actually took a professional day to identify and schedule my students for next year. I spent the morning collecting and sorting ISTEP scores and other test data. I made my list and checked it twice. With 10 minutes 'til the final bell for the day, I handed my list off to the seventh grade teachers to check for errors. Sounds exciting, no?

My students, on the other hand, celebrated National Teacher's Day by being ridiculously difficult for the subsitute teacher. Those punks are not going to be happy on Thursday when they have to deal with me.

This time of year can be especially stressful for those in the teaching profession. Your words of appreciation will mean the world to the teachers in your life. Take time this week to shoot an e-mail, send a card, or make a personal visit to a former (or current) teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment