Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Where I'm NOT going green

Like many of you, I have made changes in my lifestyle to help protect and preserve the environment. I bought a handful of cloth shopping bags a while back and have faithfully used them since. I walk to work when the weather (and time) allows. I recyle anything that will be picked up by the city. All the light bulbs in my house are the low energy, long lasting kind. I have attempted to reduce, reuse, and recylce as much as possible. However, there are some changes I will not be making. I am glad there are people who are willing to trade convenience for something more responsible. But I draw the line at giving up toilet paper. I am not willing to exchange toilet paper I can flush for "family wipes" nor am I going to trade traditional (disposable) feminine hygiene products for cloth ones.

What changes have you made to become more environmentally friendly? Where do you draw the line?

1 comment:

  1. I read a while ago about family wipes and I was so grossed out. Nope, I could never do that. I'd volunteer to move to Mars after we exhaust the resources on Earth before I would do that load of laundry.

    I am quite the couponer these days and rarely pay for TP. Here is how to do it. Cotonelle has .50 coupons in the paper and online frequently. I usually collect them all and when I have 3 or 4 I go to Kroger and buy the 4 pack single rolls for .99. They double my .50 coupons and the TP ends up free. Last time I got 5 packs for .12. Yes, it's work out of my usual routine but it's helped me out.

    ReplyDelete