Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Humility #1

In the last days of December I wrote about having a one word theme for the year. I really wanted to focus on self-control this year because I feel like I have a lot of room for improvement in that area. However, when I woke up on New Year's Day I was thinking about humility--and I knew that was the word God had for me. So for the past 22 days I have been pondering and studying (I use that word lightly) the act and attitude of being humble.

It is not easy.

Or fun.

BUT is has been good for me. Lesson for this week: Complaining about being "asked" to attend a meeting I think will be lame is really motivated by thinking my opinion and time is better than what my boss thinks. Feelings of superiority equal pride, which is the opposite of humility. Too bad I didn't learn this lesson before I complained all week to anyone who would listen. Now that I know complaining is rooted in pride maybe I'll do it less.

No comments:

Post a Comment